The best way to keep a rug clean is to keep it from getting dirty in the first place. (as people do in most rug-weaving countries) is a good idea if this accords with your lifestyle. Bare-foot or sock-foot traffic is much gentler to a rug than a hard outdoor-shoe sole (or spike heel), and leaving your outdoor shoes at the entrance to the house tracks in much less dirt.
A Rug can be a purchase for a lifetime and for generations if cared for properly. Although you do need to get your rugs professionally washed and cleaned from time to time, you can always take extra care of your rugs by following simple, basic tips on cleaning and protecting your rug:
- Rotate your rug periodically for even wear.
- Vacuum on a regular basis. Be careful of fringe and the height of the beater bar. Consider not using the beater bar.
- Use a quality underlayer, pad or cushion to allow for cleaning and prevent slippage.
- Have your rug cleaned only when it really needs cleaning.
- Remove outdoor shoes when entering the house.
Remember that regular vacuuming is necessary to keep your rugs in perfect conditions. Soil particle removal is essential as the sharp edges of dust particles have a very abrasive affect on the rug fibers.
We cover all Melbourne suburbs